About Sulfites

Sulfites (also sulphites) are sulfur-containing compounds (typically Sulfur Dioxide - SO2) that are used as food preservatives. Winemakers use sulfites to keep wine from spoiling. However, all wines (even those that have not had sulfites added by the winemaker) contain small amounts of sulfites, which are produced naturally by yeast during fermentation.

Stellar Organics (Cabernet Sauvignon 2008)

Wednesday, December 30, 2009


Stellar Organics
Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
USDA Organic
Fair Trade Certified
Certified organic by Control Union
Stellar Winery, W.C., South Africa
No added sulfites
Price: $9.99


Yesterday it was bitter cold. It was fifteen degrees in New York City and probably even colder with the immense wind gusts. I made it home from work in one piece and with a hankering for dark chocolate. Luckily for me the store around the corner from my apartment had some Green & Blacks's organic dark chocolate. I wasn't willing to travel more than a block.

Someone once said that cabernet sauvignon goes great with dark chocolate. Well, someone was wrong. This particular cabernet sauvignon did not pair well with chocolate. In fact, it changed the taste of the wine completely and not in a good way. I drank a small glass and went off to bed. Which brings us to today. I decided to give the Stellar Organics Cabernet Sauvignon one more try and I am glad I did. It was fruity, dry, tangy, and much better than it was the day before. If I were to attempt another pairing, I would probably go with roast lamb or flank steak.

Like I said, I am no wine expert, just a girl with pretty good taste, so if you would like to find out more about this wine, follow the link below for more details from the winemaker. And if you have tried this wine rate it below, it couldn't hurt! I gave this wine a "3" for average, whatta you say?

About Stellar Organics Cabernet Sauvignon 2008

Comments

No response to “Stellar Organics (Cabernet Sauvignon 2008)”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment